Tuesday 2 September 2014

Day 1 - 30 Day Blogging Challenge - Change is in the Air

After burning out just at the end of Juneathon, the remainder of the school summer term and the summer holidays have kept me up to my eyeballs busy, but signing up for the 30 Day Blogging Challenge will - hopefully - give me the impetus to kick start blogging regularly once it's over.

And it's not just my blog that needs a kick up the backside!

At the start of the year I made a promise to my daughter that I would lose weight and get fit in an effort to prevent my early death. Quite dramatic a statement I hear you say, but my father died of a heart attack at 51 - and that age is only 4 years away.

I made a good start and lost 1 stone fairly easily - I gave up late night snacking! - but have not lost any more since so I know I need to concentrate on adjusting what I eat so that I can lose more weight.

We also started the Couch 2 5k running programme. I have completed it and now can run continuously for 30 minutes (covering @3k)! I run slower than a snail-with-a-zimmer-frame so now need to focus on increasing both my speed and distance covered, especially as I plan to enter the 5k Muddy Welly Run in December!

Another aspect of my life that I need to concentrate on is my sewing. My little hobby tends to get sadly neglected when life gets busy, but as I have a few quilts that need finishing, plus a couple of commissions that are required to be completed in the next couple of months, I need to timetable in time at my sewing machine.

Phew! That's quite a lot to be concentrating on!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leah,
    Happy to "meet" you over at the 30 Day Blgging Challenge.

    Congratulations on the weight loss and being able to run for 30 minutes non-stop. That is fantastic.

    Good luck on this challenge. I look forward to learning more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah,
    You are doing really well! Keep it up!
    Looking forward to seeing some of your sewing (I admire people who have this talent!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah, looking forward to helping you kick start your blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to hear you got up off that Couch. It's amazing how it gets easier to keep up the exercise habit once you've started! Keep going, you're doing brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete