Thursday 4 June 2015

Juneathon 2015 - Day 1



I can't quite believe that it's been a year since I last tried to combine a month of blogging with a month of exercise - time flies when you are having fun - but once again I have signed up to give Juneathon a go!

Not much has changed over the last 12 months. I may be a few pounds lighter and a bit fitter, but these are both areas that are "works in progress" and will remain so for a few years yet - if not indefinitely!

Within the next month or so I will be taking part in 2 events. The first - in just over a fortnight - will be my first Triathlon, and the second is a 10k run that my youngest sister is joining me for. But more on them later!

I will fill my posts this month with a mixture of what I've been up to daily and a review of events/highlights that have happened since Juneathon 2014 finished.

As Day 1 was a Monday, this means BoxFit!

Many moons ago I was a kickboxer - and although hard to believe - reached the rank of a Brown Belt. So when I saw this exercise class advertised last September, which involves a mixture of circuits and punching drills - I knew straightaway that at least for part of the time I would know what it do!

The class coach Dawn changes things up every week - be that with different drills or a new mix of circuit exercises (which focus on arms, legs and abs). The (mostly) ladies are a mix of ages, sizes and fitness abilities, but we are all encouraged to work at our own level and push ourselves within our own capabilities. I must admit that my abs are in a slightly better state now than when I started and I can now achieve 25 sit ups before crumpling into a quivering mass of flab!

I always finish the hour dripping with sweat, and with the knowledge that once I get home and sit down my old knees and legs will stiffen up, but I force myself to believe in the adage - No Pain, No Gain! - and it will be worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment